6 Quick Booty Band Exercises That You Can Do at Home
Your set of brand new ThiqActive booty bands have finally arrived, Great! Now what? Use them to workout and pump those curves.
While they might seem like simple and straight forward accessory, you can do a surprising number of exercises with them to strengthen your entire body, even help you lose weight and assist with defining your curves.
We’ll walk you through some of our favourite ones in this article. You can perform these anywhere, and you won’t need any other type of fitness equipment (aside from your booty bands).
Cardio exercises you can do with a ThiqActive booty band
Experts advise that you start any workout session with a bit of cardio to get your body primed for activity. To incorporate a fabric resistance bands into your cardio routine, try the following activities.
- Side shuffle and touch: Shuffle three paces to your left and then bend at the hip to touch the ground with your hand. Go back to the starting position and repeat in the opposite direction while alternating between your hands.
- Squat jumps: Stand with feet hip-width apart and then bend your knees to lower your butt. Forcibly jump up from the squatting position and repeat.
Benefits & targets: Butt, hips, thighs, an overall lower body workout that also strengthens the proper squat form.
- Ankle Jumping Jacks: Begin by standing with your arms infront of your chest and legs apart. Perform a small jump whilst keeping your hands in the same position then return to the starting position.
Benefits & targets: Butt and Quads, an overall lower body workout that also strengthens and refines your hip flexors, adductors, calves and hamstrings.
Workout Tip: Use the lightest booty band you have for these exercises. Keep the band above your knee and not on the actual joint.
Stretching routines with ThiqActive booty bands
Follow up your cardio session with some light stretching to prevent injuries and promote mobility. You can use your booty band to stretch with the following exercises:
- Upper back stretch: Sit on the floor with your feet away from you. Grab your booty band with both hands and secure it in place with the soles of your feet. While keeping your legs and arms straight, pull the booty band to gently stretch your back and shoulders. You might feel a stretch in your hamstrings, too.
- Kneeling quad stretch: Begin once again on the floor with your left knee bent behind you and your right knee bent in front of you, forming two L-shapes. Secure the booty band above your left ankle and bend slowly to the right as you support your upper body with your right forearm. Squeeze your glutes for a deeper stretch and repeat with the other side.
Workout Tip: Hold these stretches for 15–30 seconds each, but make sure you use a band with enough resistance.
Strength-training exercises with ThiqActive booty bands
Finally, now that your body is ready for some lifting, it’s time for some tougher exercises to work and tone those muscles.
- Lateral shoulder raises: You can do these sitting or standing. Start by looping the ThiqActive booty band around your forearms then bending at the elbows so that your forearms are parallel to the ground and your arms form 90-degree angles. With your shoulders retracted and your back neutral, slowly lift both arms to the side until your upper arms are also parallel to the floor. Return to the starting position and repeat.
Benefits & targets: increased shoulder mobility. If you brace correctly throughout the lift, your core also benefits, and muscles in the upper back, arms and neck.
- Kickbacks: Get on all fours with your knees and hands hip-width apart. Loop the booty band around your thighs then kick back with your left foot. Remember to keep your core tight and maintain a stable position. Slowly return to the starting position and repeat with the other leg.
Benefits & targets: Butt, hips, thighs, an overall lower body workout that helps improve muscle strength and tone. This exercise also boosts core stability and balance and helps sculpt the legs, hips and thighs.
Workout Tip: Use the heaviest booty band you have and do at least 3 sets of each exercise with 15 repetitions each.
There are loads of other exercises you can do with your booty band, but the ones listed above are a good place to start. Try to incorporate them into your workouts and try out different routines so that you stay more motivated.
If you’re looking for a booty bands to help you train that lower body of yours, visit us today and browse our growing catalog o booty bands and super squat proof activewear.
Designed for curvesThiqActive